Manchester Conference Centre, Manchester, UK, 3rd-6th October, 2017
The workshop will focus on simulation of spiking neural networks using PyNN 0.8 on the SpiNNaker platform. Topics include:
- Introduction to SpiNNaker hardware & software
- Specifying networks in PyNN 0.8
- Using the HBP portal
- Simple data I/O and visualisation
- Connecting external devices to SpiNNaker
- Adding new neuron & synapse models
- Adding new learning rules
The workshop consists of sessions of presentations by the software team as well as hands-on labs with SpiNNaker hardware. There will also be time to discuss your own project plans and issues with the design team during the week.
Attendees should have some experience with Python. For the new neuron models and learning rules topics, some background in C is recommended.
Attendance is free.
For more information or to reserve a place, please click here.